Industrial computers data recovery
Industrial computers ensure operation of provide software applications in the industrial manufacturing process. Considering that these devices are not multiple-purpose and are designed for to narrow particular tasks, their inner composition may not always be typical (far from always IBM PC-compatible computer, far from x86 hardware). Industrial computer features are only determined by the needs of specific tasks and operational conditions.
Industrial computers may use various types of devices as a storage media: from Flash and HDDs to complicated RAID-based systems. Key requirement to such media – improved fail-operational capability and resistance to external factors.
The most frequent cases of data loss on industrial equipment are as follows:
- hardware and software failures of storage devices;
- formatting, storage drive initialization when connected to usual PC;
- storage drive breakdown due to exposure to external factors;
- improper replacement or reinstallation of storage drive;
Information recovery of from industrial computer starts with the extraction of sector-wise image of the storage drive and analysis of the information recording and storage principle. EPOS company has developed special technologies for the data extraction for its subsequent analysis. Moreover, these technologies exclude any possibility of accidental change or damage of recorded data. Data recovery works are performed based on the results of the analysis performed.
EPOS is offering industrial computers data recovery services as follows:
- non-destructive data extraction;
- data recovery in case of hardware damage of storage drive;
- information recovery when file structure is damaged;
- industrial computer storage drive replacement;
- industrial computer storage drive upgrade;
Considering the specifics of the hardware, when working with the industrial systems is important to launch the controlling system, which contributes to the difficulties. Moreover, very often computer is linked to particular storage drive, which makes it impossible to install another storage drive.
EPOS experts have developed special HDD emulator technology that allows for storage drive replacement in case of strict linkage. Application of this technology allows us to successfully perform recovery works and data storage systems upgrade on industrial computers.